Saturday, January 27, 2007

Pens Gameday; The Next One visits the land of The Great One

This should be a great atmosphere tonight, at least if you're going to the game anyways, on a number of fronts.

First and foremost, from what I heard on XM Home Ice anyway, this will be the 1st sellout of the year for the Yotes. Good for them.

But the obvious motivation in this one is the first time that Sid and Geno "match up" against the Yotes head coach, some dude named Wayne.

I guess it really shouldn't be an extra motivating factor to get pumped up to play against your opponent's head coach.

But when that coach is Wayne Gretzky, and you don't play against the team he coaches for what seems like a decade, that rule goes by the wayside.

And I think we all "know" Sid by now, you can just imagine how internally he's licking his lips to have a big game tonight in front of #99.

Let's not forget though; Both teams played last night on the road (Yotes were in Denver), both teams had to go to a shootout, with both teams winning.

So we could also see some tired legs out there.

In addition, we could also see some backup goalies out there.

Uh oh.

I would think that it makes it imperative that the Pens get off to a fast start tonight, and build a decent lead for Thibault, assuming he gets the start.

This trip also for the first time involves the Pens' fathers. I think that is a great idea, just to show appreciation for what had to be hundreds of hours of sacrifice during their son's upbringing.

It got me to thinking though; I wonder if they've arranged for the dads to meet Gretzky sometime today ?? Would that be cool, or what ?? Also, I don't believe I heard if Mario has followed the Pens to Phoenix. Can you imagine if you're, I don't know, Mr. Christensen or someone like that, and get a Polaroid (dated term, I know) of yourself, Wayne, and Mario. Talk "aboot" priceless.

So it should be an exciting night for the Phoenix crowd, let's just make sure they go home sad.

LET'S GO PENS !!!!

No comments: