Friday, November 24, 2006

The Confluence made the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette; I guess my 15 minutes of fame is up

So I'm just putzing around this morning, the blog rookie that I am.

Maybe play around with the links section a little, I say to myself.

Of course, I get my Pens Gameday posted, check.

And I'm looking through the blog hits, ya know, see who's visiting The Confluence.

I check out my Referrals section, to see who's accessing the site directly, i.e. having the site as a Favorite in their IE browser, or someone who's accessed the blog via a link on one of my colleague's website/blog.

And I come across someone this morning who accessed the site through the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Huh ?? What the hell ??

Well sure enough, The Confluence has made the bigtime my friends. Apparently, I made it way back on October 30th (my birthday BTW, coincidence ??) in the "Blog 'n' Gold" section of the Steelers section of the PG. And I quote;

  • The Confluence absolutely reams them: "This team is an absolute embarrassment right now. They should feel ... lucky there isn't a provision in the NFL bylaws that has the Super Bowl champ to turn in their rings if they don't play like champions the next year, 'cause there would be a big truck headed back to the jewelers right now.

Needless to say, what a pleasant surprise. Nice to see that I'm not entirely wasting my time.

Thanks again to the visitors to The Confluence, it really is much appreciated.

No comments: