Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bolts 4, Pens 3 (OT); Hey, be grateful they're getting points

Sorry about the late post for last night' game. After work today, I had to get some materials for my mini-project, one that I absolutely despise, during tomorrow's holiday.

And what you say am I, a U.S. Navy retiree, doing on Veteran's Day ??

That's right, I'll be frickin' painting. Fortunately, it's only one room, so it shouldn't take too long.

I mean, I've got a hockey game to watch at 7:30, so let's not get crazy now.

Anyway, back to the Pens.

As I mentioned in my title, the Pens could be very well have come out of the past two games with goose eggs. The fact that they got two points out of two games that were played quite sluggishly, to put it politely, is something that previous versions of Penguins teams wouldn't come close to achieving.

Without above average performance from Thibault in Anaheim and Fleury back at home, both of those games could easily have been blowouts.

In reference to last night's overtime loss to the Bolts, I don't believe they were as jetlagged as I feared, but I definitely believe that they were not sharp at all. One player that definitely fell into that category was Malkin. I'm not saying the kid had a "bad" game, but it was apparent that he was a little off last night.

And, I'd like to give myself a little pat on the back for recommending to get Ekman back on the 1st line. Although I will say this, Ekman's hat trick is the penultimate example that those who are on Sid's line have the opportunity to get some SICK point totals if they've got any hands at all.

Once addition, the shots on goal was very mediocre, only 20, counting the 3 goals. I know I remember yelling at the screen at Moore to "Shoot the F#$%ing puck !!!"

You know what else I was thinking of last night while I was cursing at the screen ?? Remember Hans Gruber from "Die Hard" ??

Hans and his blond German buddy are on the floor, John McLean is on the other side of the room hiding...



"Shoot the glass" !!!

OK, maybe that was just me thinking of that.

They've got to get the offense flowing again, the schedule doesn't get any easier. Up next Friday night is Ottawa, who of course have lost five in a row. The Hockey Gods seemingly love to send the Penguins teams when they're hungry for a win, don't they ??

After that, it's Saturday night in Raleigh, where I'll be 6 rows from the ice. Be on the lookout for my first edition posting of "Road Trip, Confluence Style".

No comments: