Thursday, February 22, 2007

Pens Gameday; Will history repeat itself ?? Is "Smoke" coming back to the 'Burgh ??

The Pens visit southern Florida tonight for what has historically been a lousy experience in meeting the Florida Panthers.

Just something about facing the Panthers, no matter how good or bad they've been in the past, they've just had the Pens' number.

Jokinen needs to pull a hammy in the pregame skate, not that I wish harm upon him.

But I wouldn't shed a tear if it would happen.

That goes for the Lightning on Saturday night.

As most Pens know by now, Thibault gets the start in goal tonight.

I would expect a better defensive effort tonight, it's been widely reported in the press that Therrien has been hammering home the defensive drills for the past few days.

---------------------------------

Got some hot rumors going around today (no, not simply Eklund, a few other places as well) that the Pens are close to reacquiring former Pen Bryan "Smoke" Smolinski. I have no idea who is being offered as going to Chicago in the deal.

In addition, I'm also reading that the deal to move badass George Laraque to the Pens is heating up as well.

Who knows how close to authentic these deals end up to be (I'd like to see some D-man rumors, although I saw some Brent Sopel rumors a couple of days ago). But I think it's pretty apparent that Ray Shero is not going to stand put through Tuesday's trade deadline.

LET'S GO PENS !!!!

No comments: