Thursday, December 21, 2006

Pens gameday; I'm concerned for these guys....

The events of the past two days have been pretty damn dramatic.

And not the good type of dramatic, that's for sure.

You've been hearing interviews with the Pens in the months leading up to the awarding of the slots license, and all of them have said that pretty much that's something that's out of their control.

And those are true statements, of course.

But now, first with the IOC losing the slots license on Wednesday, and today with Mario issuing a terse statement that for the first time used the word "Relocation", combined with the Pens' comments on those two, I have to admit, I'm concerned that the situation with the ownership and the arena is going to start affecting the Pens on the ice.

Maybe not during the game, naturally I don't think they'll be thinking about Plan B while trying not to get hit by Hatcher.

But I think, subconsciously, this might cause the Pens to take a turn downward in the conference standings.

Now I could be completely off of my rocker on this one, I sure hope I'm dead wrong.

Tonight's game will be an immediate test on that psyche. I'm sure that the Thrashers are gonna come out strong after losing to the Pens last week.

And if the Pens come out flat again tonight, with the Thrashers firepower, this could be a blowout quickly.

So let's hope that the boys have their head on straight, not only tonight, but for the future. Let the politicians duke it out over the arena, you guys just worry about hockey.

LET'S GO PENS !!!!

No comments: